Monday, June 6, 2011

Chevron Mother's Day and a Little About My Garden


I have been wanting to post this card for a while now, and since I started this blog, I can finally share it :)
I had just gotten the Chevron Stripes set from PTI right before Mother's Day and was making a whole bunch of cards to sell at work. I love that it is so easy to create your own background designer paper with this set.
Not long after this, I started planning my gardens! Lots of flowers to be bought and planted, raised beds to build and fill with dirt, then plant with vegetables, seeds to be bought! Such and exciting time of year. And I was definitely going to get another hanging basket spilling out and over with the GORGEOUS Illumination Begonias like I did last year... I did get one again, to the tune on $70, but it is soooo worth it! No pictures of that yet, but I did find a new perennial to try. I live in the frigid north, and we are in Zone 2 for you fellow gardeners out there. Not a whole lot survives a perennial here....

This is called Ranunculus or Persian Buttercup. Isn't she gorgeous?! It said Cold Hardy on the side of the nursery pot, but I am not sure what that really means... we will see if it comes back in the spring :) If you have any experience with these, please let me know what you think!

And on to the card....I used the ever so luscious SU Seam Binding ribbon to make that big fluffy bow, and it just had to have butterflies, flowers, and bling! The Summer Mini was new also, and I had just gotten my Blossom Bouquet punch so that had to see some use too :)

Inside is more of the chevrons, butterflies, and bling to compliment the sentiment, which is from SU's Messages For Mom. White gel pens add so much to a card and I love to hand draw a simple outline on my cards. I think it gives it a perfect finishing touch, kind of like top-stitching in sewing.

  • Stamps: Chevron Stripes (PTI), Bold Blossoms (SU), Messages For Mom (SU)
  • Paper: Blushing Bride, Naturals Ivory, Rose Red, Perfect Plum
  • Ink: Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Rose Red, Perfect Plum, Early Espresso
  • Other: Big Shot with Beautiful Wings embosslit, Pear Pizzazz seam binding ribbon, Blossom Bouquet punch, Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Baker's Twine, dimensional tape

No comments:

Post a Comment